Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Series of Small Events

Alissa's Story


I was born and raised in the church. I was baptized at age eight mostly because that's what all my friends were doing. I continued to go to church and to mutual and did everything I was supposed to do. I was always told that I needed to gain my own testimony and not rely on my parent's testimonies. A series of small events was what converted me. There were times when I prayed and I could feel Heavenly Father giving me a hug and telling me everything was going to be all right. When I read the Book of Mormon I felt really good inside. When I did things that were very bad and had to see the bishop, I couldn't feel the spirit with me and I didn't feel good at all. When I repented I was overwhelmed with the spirit and saw all the many things God was doing for me. My conversion just comes from all the little things where the spirit told me that something was true.

No comments:

Post a Comment