Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Seeing the Gospel in Action

Rac's Story


I am sixth generation LDS but as you stated, we are all converted at some point in our lives. For me, I count my conversion to my freshman year at BYU. I had learned the book answers previous to that but it wasn't until I saw the gospel in action on the BYU campus that I finally felt the answers in my heart and in my mind. It was as though I had love for everyone and everything. I was just so filled with joy and happiness that no amount of stress or toil could spoil my peaceful feelings. I knew that my church leader's loved me and I knew that God loved me. I knew that everything I had been taught throughout my life was indeed true. The Church could not have come about simply by the machinations of devious men, but only by the inspiration and revelation from God. The scriptures were and are true and the men that brought them to light were and are prophets. I knew that then and know it now and what I knew and know, I cannot deny for the reality of it.

If any man will do my will, he shall know of the doctrine whether it be of God or whether I speak of myself. So spoke the Savior and we would all do well to follow that counsel.

No comments:

Post a Comment