Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Prayer and a Knock at the Door

Gina's Story


I was 15 when I was converted. I was headed down the wrong path and I knew it. I hated the things I was doing and the person I was becoming. One night when I felt I had hit rock bottom I said the most sincere, heart felt prayer I had ever said. I asked for guidance - nothing more. I wanted to live my life right and needed to be pointed in the right direction. I didn't have good examples at home and I knew it.

The next morning, bright and early a knock came at the door. I opened it to 2 young men who told me they had a messege from our Lord and could they come in and share it with me. I had NO doubt that they were the answer to my prayer. I felt it in every fiber of my being. Everything they said made sence and I wanted to know more. We set an appointment for me to begin the lessons and a few months later I was baptised. The whole time I prayed with an open heart and mind and never did I have any doubt.

My life turned around completely. Because of the teachings and guidance of the church I headed down the right path and now 28 years later I love the person I have become and have never regretted joining the church.

One thing I have always found interesting is that the elders later told me that they had already tracked my nieghborhood a couple weeks before and were headed a few streets over. They both had a feeling they should try again and came to my house. I had only moved in with my dad 4 days before! I truely think it was Heavenly Father directing them to me.

People will say I was brainwashed etc - but that's not the case. I think it's so sad how other churches always feel the need to talk smack about the LDS church when our church teaches tolerance of other religions .... interesting. That alone tell me ALOT about the LDS faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment